Friday, November 11, 2011

The Treats Truck Baking Book

Cookies Brownies & Goodies Galore, by Kim Ima

BLOG ENTRY by Mandy Jones


As a culinary instructor, I'm constantly looking for new and yummy recipes to share in class. Also, as a mom & home baker, I like simple and fun recipes that I can make with my boys in our own kitchen.  When I got The Treats Truck Baking Book I knew right away it would serve both purposes.  After a quick flip through, my eyes were immediately drawn to the colorful pages and retro design.  I felt a sense of nostalgia seeing the cute drawings of candies and desserts I made during my childhood.  Each recipe is simple enough that even the novice baker will surely master the treat on their first try!  Advanced bakers, like myself, can easily see the charm in its simplicity, as it reminds me of the days when I first began to bake.

I tested a few recipes, all of which turned out quite tasty.   My favorite were the Raspberry Brownies on page 44.   The base brownie came with options: 'chewy,' 'cakey,' or 'dark chocolatey.'  From there you can modify with additional options. I chose chewy because I like my brownies more dense.   However, with a splash of some raspberry jam, the consistency balanced out perfectly.   I decided to cut the brownies from the pan with cookie cutters and share (what was left) with a few friends and, needless to say, they were a big hit!





To tickle your taste buds, check out this sampling of recipes from the Treats Truck Baking Book.  They are sure to leave you wanting more.  My recommendation is to ask Santa to leave this adorable cookbook in your stocking this year!








1 comment:

  1. Those brownies were amazing... I do like mine "Chewy" too :-)

    ReplyDelete